LC aka Lauren Conrad’s Green Pearled Couscous Salad
Check out this perfect summer Green Pearled Couscous salad that your body and taste buds will thank you for from the Lauren Conrad lifestyle website which is adorable! The former Laguna Beach reality show star has really blossomed to such a wonderful role model and lifestyle brand! On her website you can join her book club, talk fashion, read many DIY projects or score some amazing recipes like this one, the Green Pearled Couscous Salad that is healthy and tasty! Try out the recipe below and see what you think!
The Green Pearled Couscous Salad Ingredients:
- 2 cups of couscous
- 1 head of broccoli or broccolini, cut into florets
- 1 bunch of asparagus, slice lengthwise into thin strips
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 zucchini squash, diced
- ¼ cup of parsley, finely chop
The Perfect for summer, Green Pearled Couscous Salad Instructions:
- Bring either salted water or salted vegetable stock to a boil. Blanch broccoli and asparagus in the boiling water for approximately 30 seconds or until bright green, and then set aside.
- In the same pot of water, cook the couscous as you would pasta until it is al dente. Strain, set aside, and toss with a light layer of olive oil so the pearled couscous does not stick together.
- Coat a saucepan with olive oil and sauté zucchini squash. Season with salt and pepper, and then place off to the side. Next, wilt spinach in a sauté pan and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Mix couscous, broccoli, asparagus, spinach, zucchini and parsley together. Toss with your favorite vinaigrette.
- Place in the refrigerator until service. Serve cold or room temperature.
And yes it is as good as the pictures look! You can check out this recipe along with dozens more on the Lauren Conrad website at Laurenconrad.com!