After moving many times, I always like to get creative with some of my rooms. After recently relocating into a townhouse, the guest bedroom needed some love. At first we thought the walls were just flat, but they definitely have texture to them, and needed a painter’s tape that would really stick!
Luckily, we came across FrogTape® Textured Surface Tape when shopping at Lowes. I saw Textured Surface by FrogTape, and we were able to get a convenient pack that was perfect for the textured walls in the guest bedroom. I gathered up a few friends, and we put the FrogTape® to the test. When taping the ceiling and specialty lines of the wall, the tape stuck smoothly to the wall and paint didn’t bleed, even on the textured surface. We were pleasantly surprised!
We decided to paint contrasting vertical stripes on the wall. The wider pattern of the stripes played upon the tighter stripes on the duvet, giving the room texture. Here’s how we were able to get perfect stripes:
1) We lined the wall at the bottom floor molding and ceiling intersection with FrogTape® Textured Surface Tape. The liquid included with the kit really helped the tape stick and prevented paint from bleeding.
2) Used a ruler to measure 12” between stripes, inside of each tape line. A level was used from the floor up to assure that the vertical stripes would be straight.
3) Painted inside each alternating stripe space between the tape guidelines.
4) After applying the second coat of each stripe, we waited about 15 minutes, then removed the tape.
5) The results: beautiful, straight, vertical stripes with no bleeds.
The perfect results were because FrogTape® is treated with patented PaintBlock® Technology, a super absorbent polymer that reacts with the water in latex paint and instantly gels to form a micro-barrier that seals the edges of the tape, which helps prevent paint bleed. It worked better than any other brand I’ve ever used, even on a smooth surface like drywall. The tape surely worked like a charm, and it’s the best painter’s tape ever!
After the paint was dry and we peeled it off the wall, there was still no visible paint bleed. Even on the ceiling lines, around trim, and the vertical lines, the tape came off easily and left beautiful results. The tape also came off in one piece and was easy to remove, unlike other brands that tore or were sticky. I will definitely use FrogTape® Textured Surface Tape for all my future painting projects (which are pretty often).
So many projects can be done with this product, which is available at Lowes, Wal-Mart and Menards. FrogTape® (the makers of Shape Tape™) has a Textured Surface™ board on Pinterest. Take a peek, and follow the FrogTape Textured Surface board on Pinterest to get inspired!
What type of creative painting projects will you use FrogTape® Textured Surface Tape for?